Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday Madness!

Yes, I do consider it madness when I have decided to go without sweets at least for a week.  Why would I do such a thing?  Because my fondness for sweets have taken a turn for the worse.  I bought 2 candy bars a couple days ago and ate both within the same hour.  Daughter made chocolate sheet cake (awesome!) three times this past month and I KNOW I ate at least half of the cake each time.  Something is wrong when you grab a fork and start shoveling every bit into your mouth.  Oh, and I have recently discovered how awesome Tim Horton's glazed cinnamon rolls are first thing in the morning.  Out of control I tell ya! 

So, I have decided it is in my best interest to take control once again (did I ever have control??) and stop the madness I have created for myself. 

It is not going to be easy.  It is only 9am and I am craving  a doughnut.  Doesn't help when I see a Dunkin Doughnut's commercial every 5 minutes.  Oh, and here is what I have to contend with in my house.


Leftover football shaped doughnuts and Schwan ice cream sandwiches. Not that these are my favorite sweets to consume but hey, they will do when I have a strong craving that is out of control. I would just throw them away but I do have a family that would be flabbergasted to find them in the trash. 

All  I know is that the more sweets I eat, the more I crave them and the more I give in, the more I feel bad about myself when I do.  I might have picked the wrong time to do this with Valentine's day coming up and oh...that nasty thing called a birthday.  But then again, if I can conquer my sweet craving now, then I will feel like I really accomplished the mission set before me. 

So, here I go.  Wish me luck.  I am setting a realistic goal of 1 week. Maybe after that I may not want sweets like I do now.  I might just have to give in just a little for my birthday though.

No comments:

Post a Comment