Thursday, February 17, 2011

Books, Books and More Books

I love books, plain and simple.  I feel lost if I didn't have a book with me at all times.  I have kind of broadened my horizons so to speak this past year.  I used to stick to the same authors most of the time but recently I have discovered many new authors I have not heard of before thanks to friends, family and book store recommendations.  My mainstay authors have been James Patterson, Beverly Lewis, Robin Cook, and a few others.  This year I have read books by Lee Child, Karen Kingsbury, Justin Cronin and other authors I have yet to discover.  To verify my love of books, here is my full bookcase of books I have yet to read.  I had to take the pictures in increments because the full bookcase was too big for the camera.


I love to read murder mysteries,  autobiographies, medical mysteries, Christian fiction, sometimes westerns...pretty much anything that looks interesting.  I also like books written with the same characters such as the Michael Bennett or Jack Reacher series of books.  Reading Christian fiction has always been my favorite books to read simply because I am inspired by the stories of God. No matter what the story is about, I somehow get inspired by just one concept in the book. 

Some of these books have been given to me, some bought off of Ebay and some I get a really good deal at the book store.  Some I have had for a while and not read and some are pretty new.  Oh, and before you say boy, she spent alot of money...I do usually sell the books on Ebay when I am done with them if I choose not to keep them.  So I end up getting some of the money back and someone else gets to enjoy them, too!

So, in light of my love for books and because I have had many people ask me how I like the books I read, I decided that I would start a page from this blog to review all the books I read.  How I like them, if I got anything from them, if they were boring or exciting, etc.  Thought it might be fun.  We will see how it goes.  You can let me know if you do read the books and how you like them, also.  I will get the first review up as soon as I can. 

~Kim~

No comments:

Post a Comment