Monday, February 21, 2011

1000 Reasons to be Thankful



 Since being inspired by my niece by reading her gratitude Mondays, I decided to go along with her lead.  I didn't know anything about this 1000 gifts thing.  I just enjoyed reading Meri's blog and how she is thankful for what she has.  I admit that it always got me thinking hard about my life.  You see, everyone that knows me is familiar with my complaining.  Even my co-workers have to put up with my pessimism most of the time.  I am the "half empty" kind of girl.  Always have been.  I try to be grateful, I really do.  But man, it is HARD for me to think positive thoughts.  And it's not that I am an ungrateful person because in my heart I really am thankful for all that I have for I know that things could always be worse and for some people, they are far worse.  In my mind, I utter positive thoughts but my mouth says the opposite.  Yes, I have many things I need to work on in my life and this is a biggie.  Sometimes I make myself crazy with my complaining.

Which brings me to this 1000 gifts.  I went and checked it out and I am going to start writing down each week all that I am thankful for.  Maybe it will even make me more positive!?!?  Maybe this is God's way of lightly tapping me on the side of the head telling me that I need to stop driving people crazy...and myself, too.  So, here is the start of something good!  Oh, and thanks for the idea, Meri.  (Funny how this girl that I used to babysit has turned into such an inspiring woman!).  Here goes...

1.  For God that loves me wholly and unconditionally and never gives up on me.  His love has carried me  through some really tough times.

2.  So thankful that the power is still on after an icy night.

3.  For books!  Not sure what I would do if I didn't have books to read.

4.  For my two kids that I love more than I can say.

5.  So thankful that I have my Keurig coffeemaker.  I found coffee made at home that I actually love!


~Kim~

1 comment:

  1. Very good start!! Can't wait to read your list every week ;) <3

    ReplyDelete