Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Icy Tuesday Morning

Good morning!  The birds are chirping, the sun is warm, the snow is gone...oh wait...it's still winter!  Okay, so I am getting a little ahead of myself.  For a minute there, I thought it might be spring when I woke up this morning but I guess I was dreaming.  But as I was getting my second cup of coffee, I happened to look out the window in the back and saw the sunrise shining through the icy treetops.  It was an amazing sight really.  These pictures are just a little of what it looked like.  The treetops were shining so bright making it very beautiful.   I guess there are some good things about snow and ice.  

This picture really doesn't show the full effect but if you look very closely, you can see the very tippy top of the tree glistening a bit.

And for extra measure, the tree in the front.  Not as pretty but the poor tree is feeling a bit droopy today.

Here's hoping my day goes better than yesterday.  I started out the day being thankful but ended up being angry/discouraged/upset by the end of it.  I really did try!  But I unexpectedly  have the day off, although this is a catch 22.  I love having it off but it sure don't pay the bills.  At least this morning started out on a beautiful note.  The sun is shining and spring is coming.  How's that for a positive attitude even though my negative one wants to come out so very badly.  Hope everyone has an awesome day!

~Kim~

1 comment:

  1. I happen to love the ice and snow, so I think it is quite lovely ;)

    Having a grateful heart doesn't mean that you aren't going to ever have bad days or bummers of days. Just try to count more blessings than negatives is what it is all about <3

    ~meri

    ReplyDelete